Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of sale
- DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
“Event” means an entertainment event including, without limitation, a concert, exhibition, sports, theatrical and/or music event to be held at a Venue in respect of which we have the right to sell You Tickets.
“Tickets” means tickets or other types of evidence (including electronic tickets) for an Event sold by Us to You on behalf of the organisation responsible for the Event for the right to occupy space at or to attend an Event.
“Venue” means any facilities or locations of any nature where the Event is being held.
“We” means Family Tickets Ltd. “Us” and “Our” shall be read accordingly.
“You” means you or anybody who in Our reasonable opinion is acting with your authority or permission. “Your” shall be read accordingly.
“Promoter” means the person firm or company staging the Event if different from Us and the Venue.
“Group” means group organisers, charities, travel and coach companies or other organisations that We have agreed to sell to knowing that the Tickets are intended for resale.
These Terms and Conditions incorporate and should be read in accordance with the Venue and/or Promoter terms, conditions and regulations, copies of which are available upon request from the Venue. In the event of any inconsistency between the terms in relation to Venue or Promoter requirements, those of the Promoter shall prevail. If no Promoter, those of the Venue shall prevail.
Family Tickets Ltd is a member of The Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers. These Terms and Conditions are an extension of STAR’s Code of Practice which is available from STAR (0844 879 4272, www.star.org.uk)
All Tickets are sold subject to availability and to these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions should be read carefully prior to purchase and any queries relating to them should be raised with us prior to purchase, as purchase of Tickets constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. A valid Ticket must be produced to get into an Event. Removing any part of, altering or defacing the Ticket may invalidate Your Ticket.
It is Your responsibility to check Your Tickets as if you have made a mistake it cannot always be rectified after purchase. Please check your Tickets on receipt carefully and contact us immediately if there is a mistake.
We will not be responsible for any Ticket that is lost, stolen or destroyed. It is not always possible to issue duplicate tickets. For example for non-seated events where there is a possibility of both the original and duplicate tickets being used, compromising the licensed capacity of the venue.
Duplicates may, therefore, be issued at the discretion of the Promoter or the Venue acting reasonably. If duplicates are being issued, a reasonable administration charge may be levied. We and the Promoter reserve the right to provide alternative seats at an Event to those specified on the Ticket if the staging of the Event reasonably requires, provided they are of no less value to that stated on the Ticket.
Where a concession is claimed, proof of identity and concession entitlement (for example of age or student status) may be required. Ownership or possession of a Ticket does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on You to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks, logos and/or intellectual property appearing on the Ticket.
- PRICE AND PAYMENT
The price of the Ticket shall be the price set at the time We accept Your order. All prices set are inclusive of any applicable taxes but exclusive of any booking fee and collection or delivery fee.
No order will be accepted until We have received full payment.
Other requirements regarding the need for clear and transparent pricing information to be supplied at the time of sale, including booking fees, are covered in the STAR Code of Practice.
- COUPON CODES
Coupon codes may be used to receive a specific promotional discount.
In addition to these general conditions, additional conditions may apply to specific coupon codes, the details of which will be set out in the authorised description of the specific promotion.
Some coupon codes are unique, and may only be used in the booking system once after which they will become void.
Some coupon codes have expiration dates, the details of which will be set out in the authorised description of the specific promotion.
Some coupon codes can only be redeemed through certain booking channels (i.e. online, by phone, or through other promotional channels), the details of which will be set out in the authorised description of the specific promotion.
Some coupon codes are only valid for specific seat types or specific performances, the details of which will be set out in the authorised description of the specific promotion.
We do not guarantee availability of seats for any coupon code, all coupon codes are issued subject to availability.
Coupon codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Coupon codes cannot be applied retrospectively to bookings that have already been made.
Each household may only use one coupon code per performance.
Family Tickets Ltd aims to dispatch purchased tickets as soon as possible.
Tickets will only be delivered to the billing address of the debit/credit card holder unless We specifically offer You the facility for Tickets to be sent to an alternative address.
If Your Tickets are not being held at the Venue box office, and You have not received Your Tickets from Us 72 hours prior to the Event, please Contact Us.
If Tickets dispatched by Royal Mail ordinary post, special delivery or registered post are returned to Us as “addressee unknown” We reserve the right to cancel Your booking and make a refund of the Ticket price only.
We reserve the right to make Tickets available for collection at the Venue box office. You will be notified by telephone, email or in writing of the arrangements for collection (using the details provided at the time of ordering) if this becomes necessary. Where there is not enough time to deliver Tickets, You will be told at the point of purchase the arrangements for collection of Your tickets. Where you are collecting your tickets from Us, in person, there will be no charge made for this service.
If You are collecting Your Tickets from the Venue box office, You must have Your acknowledgement of order and the credit/debit card used to make the order with You.
You will be able to collect Your Tickets one hour prior to the start of the Event unless otherwise indicated within the Venue terms and conditions.
- CHANGES TO EVENT
The organiser of the Event and/or the Venue reserves the right to make alterations to the published Event programme where reasonably necessary.
Except where We offer an applicable Ticket exchange or resale facility, Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless the performance is cancelled or rescheduled (subject to below) or where there is a material change to the programme of Event. Where an Event is cancelled or rescheduled (subject to below) by the Venue or Promoter, where an Event is cancelled or rescheduled due to circumstances beyond Our control, or where there is a material change to the programme of the Event, You will be entitled to claim a refund from Us in accordance with this clause.
A ‘material’ change is a change which, in Our reasonable opinion, makes the Event materially different to the Event that purchasers of the Ticket, taken generally, could reasonably expect. The use of understudies in a theatre performance shall not be a material change.
Where an outdoor Event is cancelled or curtailed because of adverse weather, We shall not be liable to make any refund or pay any compensation beyond the refunds that may be payable under the Venue’s or Promoter’s rules.
Where such a refund is sought You must bring this to Our attention as soon as possible upon becoming aware of such change, cancellation or where the Event has been rescheduled, prior to the rescheduled Event.
The refund for Tickets equals at least the face value price paid or, if the face value has been reduced by the organiser, the discounted face value price paid in accordance with the STAR Code of Practice. In order to claim Your refund, please apply in writing to Your point of purchase, enclosing Your complete unused Tickets, if received, promptly within 28 days from the date of the Event. Refunds shall only be made to the person who purchased the Tickets and, when possible, be made using the same method as was used to purchase the Tickets except, at Our discretion, where payment was made by cash.
These Terms and Conditions do not and shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. For further information about your statutory rights contact Citizens Advice, Consumer Direct (http://www.consumerdirect. gov.uk/) or the Department for Business Innovation and Skills.
Personal arrangements including travel, accommodation or hospitality relating to the Event which have been arranged by You are at your own risk. Liability for the cancellation or rescheduling of an Event, or for material changes to an Event, will be limited to the refund as set forth in Section 7.
Neither We nor the Venue nor the Promoter will be responsible for any loss, theft or damage of Your personal belongings, other than caused as a result of Our negligence or that of the Venue or the Promoter or other breach of statutory duty.
- CANCELLED/RESCHEDULED EVENTS
It is Your responsibility to ascertain whether an Event has been cancelled or re-scheduled and the date and time of any re-scheduled Event. Where an Event is cancelled or re-scheduled, We will use Our reasonable endeavours to notify You using the details You provided Us with at the time of ordering. We do not guarantee that You will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the Event.
It is Your responsibility to inform Us of any change to the contact address, telephone number or email address You provide Us with at the time of ordering.
For football matches, no guarantees can be given that the Event will take place at a particular time or on a particular date. We, the Venue and the Promoter reserve the right to reschedule any such Event-without notice and without any liability whatsoever. The details given on football tickets are indicative only and it is Your responsibility to check the final arrangements for any matches for which you have tickets including the date and Kick-off time of any such Event.
- USE OF DETAILS AND DATA PROTECTION
- RESALE/USE OF TICKETS AND PROPERTY
You may not re-sell or transfer a Ticket if prohibited by law. In addition, re-sales or transfers of Tickets may be prohibited for certain events subject to the specific terms and conditions of those events (for example but not exclusively limited to charity events or events where age restrictions may apply because of content of the entertainment or licensing requirements). Where a Ticket is offered for resale in line with these terms and conditions, you must provide to the buyer full details of the ticket. Full details include, if printed on the ticket, the block or tier, row and seat number.
Buyers must also be made aware of these terms and conditions and any other terms and conditions that are specific to the event. You should check whether any special terms apply before offering a free Ticket for resale. Free tickets are often provided for specific reasons limiting their transferability
- VOID TICKETS
Tickets Any Ticket obtained in breach of these Terms and Conditions shall be void and all, rights conferred or evidenced by such Ticket shall be void. Any person seeking to use such a void Ticket in order to gain or provide entry to an Event may be considered to be a trespasser and may be liable to be ejected and liable to legal action. Void Tickets are non-refundable.
- RESTRICTIONS ON THE PURCHASE OF TICKETS
Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number. Any such restriction shall be notified to You at the time You book the Tickets. We reserve the right to cancel Tickets purchased in excess of this number and without the Agent’s agreement, without prior notice unless the purchase of an excess was due to Our error.
- CONDITIONS OF ADMISSION
The management of the Venue reserves the right to refuse Ticket holders admission to the Venue in reasonable circumstances including for health and safety, licensing reasons or where a Ticket is void.
The management of the Venue also reserves the right to request that Ticket holders leave the Venue at any point on reasonable grounds and may take any appropriate action to enforce this right. By way of example, the Venue may remove a Ticket holder who:
You must comply with instructions and directions given by Venue staff and stewards.
No refunds will be given to Ticket holders who are refused entry or ejected due to their own behaviour as suggested in, but not limited to, the examples above.
- RESTRICTIONS AND PROHIBITIONS
The use of equipment for recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data inside any Venue is strictly forbidden. Unauthorised recordings, tapes, films or similar items may be confiscated and destroyed. Any recording made of an Event in breach of these conditions shall belong to the Promoter. The Promoter and Venue will not be liable for any loss, theft or damage to confiscated items.
By attending an Event, Ticket holders consent to filming and sound recording of themselves as members of the audience. The Promoter may use such films and recordings (including any copies) without payment.
Ticket holders shall not bring into the Venue or display or distribute (whether for free or not) at the Event any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials.
Mobile telephones and messaging equipment must be switched off during the Event.
Alcohol may only be consumed in public bars and other authorised areas. Smoking is not permitted unless within a designated smoking Area (if any).
The following are not permitted within any Venue:
The management of the Venue reserves the right to conduct security searches from time to time and confiscate any item which, in the reasonable opinion of the management of the Venue, may cause danger or disruption to other members of the audience or the Event or is one of the items not permitted in the Venue as listed above.
Every effort shall be made to admit latecomers to Events at a suitable break in the Event, which may be the interval, but late admission cannot be guaranteed.
Ticket holders may only leave and re-enter the Venue during an Event at the discretion of the management of the Venue. Otherwise, there will be no re-admission or pass-outs of any kind.
The obstruction of gangways, access-ways, exits, entrances or staircases, congregating in non-designated areas or seeking entry to stands or seats for which You do not hold a Ticket is strictly forbidden.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY
Ticket holders must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements and Venue regulations whilst attending the Event.
If Ticket holders have any special requirements or concerns about any special effects which may be featured at the Event, prior notice should be provided when ordering Tickets. Special effects may include, without limitation, sound, audio visual, pyrotechnic effects or lighting effects.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
If we are unable to settle any dispute by negotiation and you are not satisfied with our final response, you may attempt to settle it through Alternative Dispute Resolution and can contact The Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers (STAR). We are members of STAR and they provide a free and approved dispute resolution service for customers of STAR members.
You can reach STAR on 01904 234 737, or +44 1904 234737 if calling from outside the UK (10am-5pm Monday to Friday), or by completing the complaints form or email email@example.com. If you’d prefer to write to them, their address is:
Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers
As an online trader, pursuant to European Union legislation, you may use the following link to the European Commission's Online Dispute Resolution platform HERE, where you can access further information about online dispute resolution.
If We delay or fail to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions It shall not mean that We have waived our right to do so.
We shall be entitled to assign any of Our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions provided that Your rights are not adversely affected.
If it is found by a Court that any of these Terms and Conditions for any reason cannot be enforced, this shall not prevent the other provisions from continuing to apply.
- THIRD PARTIES
Any person, other than the Venue or Promoter, not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions. The Act can give rights under some contracts to third parties who are not parties to those contracts but in this case only We, the Venue, the Promoter and You (or your assignees permitted hereby) have rights and obligations under this contract.
- FORCE MAJEURE
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Force Majeure” means any cause beyond Our control including, without limitation, act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock out, weather, third party injunction, national defence requirements, acts or regulations of national or local governments. We will not be liable to You for failure to perform any obligation under these Terms and Conditions to the extent that the failure is caused by Force Majeure. This Clause does not affect the terms of Clause 7.
- AMENDMENTS AND VARIATIONS
We intend to rely on the written terms set out here in this document as well as the written terms and conditions of the Venue and the Promoter. You should read the terms and conditions carefully before entering into the contract to ensure that they contain everything that You consider has been agreed. If they do not then you should speak to any member of staff. After the contract has been made, these Terms and Conditions cannot be varied or amended in any respect unless both You and We agree and it is preferable that this is in writing).
- NO PARTNERSHIP OR AGENCY
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions and no action taken by You or Us under these Terms and Conditions shall create, or be deemed to create, a partnership, joint venture or establish a relationship of principal and agent or any other relationship between You and Us beyond the relationship created under these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions, and the terms and conditions of the Venue and the Promoter and any specially agreed terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties in connection to, its subject matter and supersede any previous terms and conditions, agreement or arrangement between the parties. Each of the parties agrees that it has not entered into these Terms and Conditions in reliance on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, covenant, warranty, undertaking or indemnity (whether negligently or innocently made) by any person (whether party to these Terms of Conditions or not) other than as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions. Nothing in this clause shall operate to limit or exclude any liability for fraud.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these terms and conditions; and (b) that the decisions of Family Tickets Ltd are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Competition. If you do not agree with any of these terms and conditions, then you should not take part in the competition.
- The Family Tickets Vlogger Competition (“Competition”) is owned by Family Tickets Ltd (“we”, “us”) and hosted at https://www.familytickets.com/blogs/news/family-tickets-vlogger-competition. Access to the Internet is required to use it.
- We have taken reasonable care in the preparation of the Competition. However, we cannot guarantee that you will have uninterrupted access to the Competition at all times and we reserve the right to modify, suspend or withdraw the Competition at any time, without notice or liability. We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to monitor, suspend, revoke or otherwise limit access to the Competition for any person at any time.
- We cannot guarantee access, availability or compatibility of the Competition with any specific device.
- The Competition will be open to entrants from 13 Sep 2019.
PRIZE AND DELIVERY
- Winning entrants will receive 4 x tickets to one of the following nine theatre shows on sale at Family Tickets:
• The Lion King• Matilda The Musical• School of Rock• Mamma Mia• Wicked• The Play that Goes Wrong• Everybody’s Talking About Jamie• Six The Musical• The Comedy About Bank Robbery
- Up to nine winners will be selected after the competition closes.
- We cannot guarantee winners will be offered tickets to their first or second choice shows, but we will endeavour to offer ticket prizes for a show that is of an appropriate target age for the winners’ family.
- We cannot guarantee any particular ticket value or position of seats within the auditorium, but we will take into account any access needs or special requirements.
- By accepting the prize, you agree to submit to Family Tickets a video and written review of the show you win tickets for (additional requirements may be given). You grant Family Tickets a non-revocable right to use your UGC relating to the prize for promo purposes in any manner or media, without compensation.
- No purchase is necessary, and a purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- Tickets are non-transferable to another individual, group or family, and cash alternatives will not be offered.
- Tickets will be delivered either by post or by e-ticket to the email address supplied.
- Terms and conditions relating to tickets apply and will be supplied separately when these are issued.
- To enter, you must record a short video review, no longer than 60 seconds, recommending any family show, attraction or film you really enjoyed and complete the form before the competition ends.
- The data capture form must be completed on the Family Tickets website here: https://www.familytickets.com/blogs/news/family-tickets-vlogger-competition.
- You must submit your name, a valid email address, mobile number, UK postcode and your first choice of show to review.
- You can either upload your video to our data capture form, or post via Instagram.
- If you choose to post your video on Instagram:
- Late, invalid, duplicate or incomplete entries will not be considered.
- By entering, you grant Family Tickets a non-revocable right to use your UGC for promo purposes in any manner or media.
- You must be a resident in the UK and aged over 18 to enter the Competition and be eligible to win. We may require proof of identity and providing false information may result in disqualification.
- You are not eligible to enter if you are an employee of Family Tickets Ltd, Minor Entertainment, or work for a company that has a commercial relationship with Family Tickets Ltd.
- Other than these eligibility requirements, anyone can enter. It doesn’t matter if your video features just you, your children or your entire family in your video - we welcome all entries and want to see a real diversity of styles, people, race, gender, identity and experience represented.
Terms and conditions applying specifically to the In the Night Garden Live Online Advent Calendar
- This online advent calendar (the “Service”) is owned by Family Tickets Ltd (“we”, “us”). By using the Service, you agree to be held by these terms and conditions, so please read them carefully. If you do not accept these terms and conditions you should not use the Service.
- We have taken reasonable care in the preparation of the Service. However, we cannot guarantee that you will have uninterrupted access to the Service at all times and we reserve the right to modify, suspend or withdraw the Service at any time, without notice or liability. We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to monitor, suspend, revoke or otherwise limit access to this Service for any person at any time.
- We cannot guarantee access, availability or compatibility of the Service with any specific device.
- The Service is available at familytickets.com and access to the Internet is required to use it.
- We expect registration for the Service will be available from 20 Nov 2019 to 24 Dec 2019.
- We expect animations, videos and activities (“Content”) will be available and free gift draws will run daily from 1 Dec to 24 Dec 2019.
- We expect that the Service will remain online for users to access Content until 8 January 2020.
- The Service is free to use and no purchase is necessary.
- You must register to use the Service with your first name, last name, valid email address, mobile number and UK postal address.
- You must be aged over 18 to register for the Service.
- You must be a UK resident to be entered into the free gift draws and awarded a free gift. We may require proof of identity and providing false information may result in disqualification.
- All free gift details will be sent automatically via email and SMS (if you have opted in to receive SMS alerts from us). If you fail to enter a valid email address when you sign up or if you unsubscribe from receiving our communications while still using the Service you may be unable to receive your free gift.
- Each day between 1 – 24 Dec the door bearing that day’s date will be marked with a star. You must log in to the Service and open that day’s door between 6:00am-6:00pm GMT to be entered into that day’s free gift draw.
- Free gift draw entries are limited to one entry per day per household. Your name will be entered automatically each day at the time when you first open the door bearing that day’s date between the hours of 6:00am-6:00pm GMT.
- Free gifts will be allocated by an algorithm that will take account of your use of the Service, your free gift history, any referrals you have made and your location and the time of day.
- If you are allocated a free gift, you will see a message after opening that day’s door confirming your free gift. You will also be given the option to Share on Facebook before accessing that day’s Content.
- If you are allocated a free gift, we will send you an email to the email address you used to register, within 30 minutes of seeing the winning message confirming your free gift.
- If you are not allocated a free gift, you will get direct access to that day’s Content.
- If you register after 1 Dec 2019, you can still access Content from previous days but you will only be entered into free gift draws from the date and time of your registration until 24 Dec 2019.
- 20,024 free gifts will be given away from 1 Dec to 24 Dec 2019:
- 24 In the Night Garden Live giant soft toys
- 20,000 In the Night Garden Live gift packs containing colouring sheet and poster.
- If you are allocated a free gift, you are eligible to win the other available gift type during the remaining Advent Calendar period. Gifts are limited to a maximum of 1 giant soft toy and 1 colouring sheet and poster pack per household.
- Colouring sheet and poster packs will be dispatched to the UK address you entered during the registration process.
- If you win a gift pack on the Advent calendar you will see a pop-up message saying “Claim Now”. The best way to claim is to click on “Claim Now” straightaway and check the personal details requested to make sure your gift reaches you. If you need help claiming your gift, please contact our support team on 0330 058 1585. You have 24 hours to claim your gift, after that time it will return to our gift pool and will be reallocated to someone else.
- Giant soft toys can be claimed via our customer support team who are available 09:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 17:00 weekends. Please note our revised Christmas opening hours: 09:00 – 16:30 Fri 27 – Tue 31 Dec (closed Tue 24 – Thu 26 Dec 2019 and Wed 1 Jan 2020). We will make every reasonable effort to call you on the mobile number you registered with within 1 working day of you winning your giant soft toy. If you win the giant soft toy on Tue 24 Dec, you will be contacted on Fri 27 Dec. You can contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you win a giant soft toy, you will be given the choice of Igglepiggle, Upsy Daisy or Makka Pakka. They will be dispatched to the UK address you entered during the registration process on the next working day after our customer support team confirm your gift.
- Free gifts are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute them for alternative products of equal value.
- Free gifts will only be dispatched to UK addresses and we will not be responsible for the failures of third party delivery companies.
- We cannot guarantee delivery of your free gift before Wed 25 Dec 2019. Free gifts may arrive after Christmas or in the New Year.
- No cash alternative will be offered. Free gifts are non-transferable.
- You are not eligible to win a free gift if you are an employee of Family Tickets Ltd, Minor Entertainment Ltd, or work for a company that has a commercial relationship with Family Tickets Ltd.
- The decision of Family Tickets in all matters relating to the Service will be binding and final.